Location: Red Deer, Alberta or Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on March 27, 2018
Westward Parts is Canada’s leading wholesale distributor of “all makes” agricultural parts small sprayer, grounds maintenance and estate equipment. Based in Red Deer, Alberta, Westward Parts is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacDon Industries Ltd; (a world leader in the design and manufacture of high performance harvesting equipment). We are currently looking for a dynamic Sales Manager in the Red Deer or Winnipeg Westward Parts office.
PURPOSE and SCOPE
This position is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of Westward Parts sales functions; developing and implementing a sales strategy that results in positive business growth; and monitoring and analyzing sales activity against company goals
Strategic Planning/Business Management:
- As a member of the management team, participate in business planning, forecasting, budgeting and human resources decisions that impact the organization. Providing expertise in sales while gaining input from our sales force and using those recommendations for strategic planning.
- Ensure scope of responsibilities leverage existing best practices and integrate with MacDon programs and philosophy.
New Product Development:
- As a member of the new product development team, provide recommendations for introduction of new product lines for the organization.
- Participate and provide expertise in the development of new product proposals.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager in the planning and development of company marketing and communications materials for these new products.
- Direct Westward Parts sales functions. Develop and manage sales targets, budgets, territory zones and establish goals and objectives that identify opportunities for new product development, new customers and opportunities to increase current sales with house accounts as well as other customers.
- Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology, analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs: with a focus on results to grow the business. Provide expertise in developing methodologies to assist purchasing with new product introductions and market surveys to evaluate new products.
- Promote, build and maintain positive relationships with customers, partners, vendors and distributors through the delivery of community events, meetings or trade shows. Manage critical customer accounts and coordinate the management of all other accounts as required. Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote Westward Parts Services Ltd. and manage specific customer requests and/or disputes as required.
- Organize and conduct sales meetings and dealer product clinics to promote the knowledge and awareness of new and existing products.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager in the planning and development of company marketing and communications materials including the annual catalogue, in conjunction with other departments. Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Effectively manage and optimize the Westward distribution channel.
- Establish and implement pricing strategy to maximize growth and profitability.
- Provide detailed sales forecasts to Purchasing & Supply Chain Management.
- Benchmark industry competitors to develop and implement a strategy to leverage strengths, eliminate weaknesses, and take advantage of opportunities and threats.
Human Resources Management:
- Lead and direct a team of sales staff including, hiring, delegating, scheduling work, managing performance and expectations, making compensation decisions and administering policies and procedures.
- Ensure staff are well trained, mentored, coached and provided with the tools required to complete work and encouraged to develop skills and build relationship with our customers. Lead by example the highest level of customer service.
- Actively work on strategies to promote staff engagement and problem solving. Follow through as appropriate to ensure positive outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Review/approve employment forms for staff including but not limited to, payroll, timesheets, expenses, salary changes, vacation approvals, etc.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant senior level business experience with an in depth understanding of the agriculture equipment industry and/or parts management background, as well as a proven record of sales management success.
- Relevant post-secondary education is preferred.
- Farm equipment and/or lawn and garden background is preferred. Knowledge and experience of hydraulics, bearings, spray equipment products is also desired as is general knowledge of industrial products.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to manage and direct the activities of a geographically dispersed sales force.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Must be organized with excellent time management skills.
- Computer skills and competence with MS office, Excel, as well as general knowledge of internal computer systems.
- JD Edwards experience is an asset.
- Regular travel will be expected.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and a valid passport.
Westward Parts Services Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Thank you for your interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- E-mail resume to: email@example.com
- Fax: (403) 342-5020
Westward Parts Services Ltd.
6517 - 67 Street
Red Deer, AB T4P 1A3