Regional Parts Manager - Northern Alberta
Location: Red Deer, Edmonton, and Northern Alberta · Posted on August 30, 2018 Job Type: Full-time
PURPOSE and SCOPE
This position is responsible for managing a defined territory with the goal of significantly increasing sales. Key aspects of the role include selling and promoting the Westward Parts and MacDon Parts product lines, and developing relationships with our network of dealers. This task will consist of performing sales calls to dealers, and working with the entire organization to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Regional Parts Manager will also ensure that expenses are managed in a responsible manner.
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Developing relationships with dealers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Sell and promote the entire product line offered by Westward Parts Services Ltd– ensuring all programs are implemented at the dealer level.
- Proactively seek out opportunities with dealers to assist in growing parts business with Westward Parts.
- Introduce and implement all parts programs to dealers – follow up to ensure that participation is maximized.
- Analyze monthly territory sales results to identify potential opportunities.
- Provide information on competitive marketplace conditions.
- Assist Sales Manager and New Product Manager to identify new product opportunities in market.
- Manage territory expenses on a daily and monthly basis.
- Provide product ideas to New Product Manager to be investigated – assist with any market information needed to ensure successful launch of new products.
- Attend industry trade shows to promote Westward Parts Services Ltd and assist dealers in developing business growth.
- Communicate dealer concerns and present potential solutions to ensure quick and effective resolutions.
- Provide market information to assist with market based product pricing.
- Follow up on sales programs to assist with analysis and provide feedback to enhance and improve future programs.
- Maintain professional appearance – both personal and company vehicle.
- Provide comprehensive reporting of territory activities and initiatives.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years selling experience.
- Excellent understanding of agricultural business and industry trends.
- High business acumen.
- Strong inter-personal skills – emphasis on relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills – but also comfortable working alone.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Extensive travel within defined territory is required.
- Experience in parts sales a definite asset.
- Agricultural background preferred but not required.
Key Measurements of Success
- Sales performance measured against budget.
- Consistent and responsible expense management.
Westward Parts Services Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Thank you for your interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- E-mail resume to: email@example.com
- Fax: (403) 342-5020
Westward Parts Services Ltd.
6517 - 67 Street
Red Deer, AB T4P 1A3