Location: Red Deer, Alberta or Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on October 31, 2019
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this position is responsible to meet the needs of the organization by efficiently requesting quotes, negotiating prices, sourcing and purchasing inventory to meet demand of our dealers. This role will be responsible for several key Product Lines and be the point person for Sales Training, Marketing Content, Product Pricing, and Marketing promotions.
- Develop, lead and execute short and long-term purchasing strategies while forecasting market trends.
- Engage Suppliers in our business by promoting the opportunities with Westward Parts.
- Create Training and Marketing Content for products.
- Effectively negotiate pricing and terms of conditions with suppliers.
- Manage inventory levels across all warehouse locations to meet demand of product.
- Monitor inventory levels to minimize out of stock situations. Expedite Back orders when they occur.
- Source, develop and maintain close supplier relationships, growing our supplier portfolio, ensuring product portfolio is current by adding new products and deleting the old.
- Coordinate and determine cost effective freight options with carriers and explore any cost saving opportunities.
- Establish shipment schedules, monitor PO status and progress and contact suppliers to solve problems.
- Responsible for purchase order processing activities for suppliers as assigned.
- Create and maintain item codes, ensure pricing is up to date across multiple platforms and communicate these with the rest of the organization.
- Maintain electronic database detailing the total cost of acquisition for products and participate in the generation of their on-going pricing structure.
- Coordinate returns and claims for defective product and for slow-moving inventory back to suppliers.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports for management and participate in operations strategy and risk management discussions.
- Support Marketing and Content manager with up to date information and product content by working with Suppliers.
- Other Responsibilities as delegated by Supply Chain Manager.
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing or agriculture business environment. Related work experience in a supply chain purchasing environment.
- Demonstrated negotiation experience and strong negotiations skills sets (communication, assertiveness, results-oriented, persuasive)
- Post-secondary education and/or professional designation specializing in purchasing, agriculture or equivalent.
- CPIM designation an asset.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions.
- Team player who takes initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skill set, including cost modeling, indexing and pricing. Ability to organize and analyze large data amounts.
- Must be organized with excellent time management skills.
- Computer skills and competence with MS office, as well as general knowledge of internal computer systems.
- Must be able to travel to different locations and attend to work issues where and when they occur.
- JD Edwards experience is considered an asset.
- Understanding of internal and external factors (cost, pricing, margins, profit impact of decisions), and market dynamics.
- Good understanding of Quality, Inventory and Logistics.