Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on September 6, 2019
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager is a senior role responsible for a variety of critical areas in each of the 3 Westward Parts Warehouses. This position will be part of the Westward Parts Management team and will be based in Winnipeg. Areas of responsibility will include Facility Management, Environmental Stewardship, Warehouse Operations, Distribution, Assembly, Call Center, and Customer Service activities including the management of Customer Service Representatives.
- Guide and motivate all Warehouse operations in accordance with all local, provincial and federal standards along with any standards set by both MacDon and Linamar
- Ensure all operations staff are trained and appropriately certified to perform their assigned role
- Drive to eliminate lost time incidents
Facility & Warehouse:
This position will be responsible for all Westward Parts facilities including their respective Warehouse and as such will be responsible for the following area:
- Facility and Equipment Maintenance including capex planning
- Warehouse Equipment including Forklifts, Trucks & Storage Trailers
- Local management of a variety of contracts such as office cleaning, yard maintenance, freight rates and other miscellaneous items
- Ensure Westward Parts compliance to corporate sustainability and environmental initiatives
- Report on variances to this policy and suggest well thought cost effective alternatives in efforts to reduce our impact on the environment
- Oversee all facets of multi-branch operations to ensure orders get properly picked, packed and delivered to customers according to company benchmarks
- Read, understand and analyze daily, weekly and monthly operational reports to evaluate performance
- Develop productivity and accuracy standards and follow up to ensure acceptable standards are met
- Evaluate and develop operational policies and procedures to ensure the most efficient and effective processing of orders; control of errors, mis-packs and damage and overall excellence in customer service
- Ensure that all contracted third party logistics providers deliver on agreed upon service levels at negotiated pricing
- Ensure accurate inventory levels are maintained
- Ensure all Operations KPIs are met to ensure Operational Excellence
- Leading the customer service team you will ensure high standards, superior training and customer engagement
- Using call data, you will optimize the call center to drive maximum results
- Provide training, conduct performance appraisals, set targets, and provide oversight to keep the team on track
- Focus the Customer Service team on delivering an enjoyable Customer Experience for our dealers and customers.
Other Supportive Roles:
- Provide integral input; along with the sales team and senior management on continuous improvement to achieve best in class customer service.
Education and Experience:
- University Degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years related Agriculture Experience.
- 5-10 years of progressive operations experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- A team player exhibiting a willingness to take on new challenges.
- A strong communicator.
- Very detail orientated with strong analytical ability.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in constantly changing environment.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Ability to deal with high-pressure issues and tight timelines.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and drive them through to completion
Key Measurements of Success:
- On Time Delivery
- Calls Answered in Time
- Customer Satisfaction
- Employee Engagement