Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on March 3, 2020
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager is a senior role responsible for a variety of critical areas in each of the 3 Westward Parts Warehouses. This position will be part of the Westward Parts Management team and is based in Winnipeg. Areas of responsibility will include Purchasing, Warehouse Operations, Distribution and Assembly, Facility Management and Environmental Stewardship.
This position will be responsible for all Westward Parts facilities including their respective Warehouse and as such will be responsible for the following area:
- Facility and Equipment Maintenance including capex planning.
- Warehouse Equipment including Forklifts, Trucks & Storage Trailers.
- Local management of a variety of contracts such as office cleaning, yard maintenance, freight rates and other miscellaneous items.
- Guide and motivate all Warehouse operations in accordance with all local, provincial and federal standards along with any standards set by both MacDon and Linamar.
- Ensure all operations staff are trained and appropriately certified to perform their assigned roles.
- Responsible for setting direction and leading a team of Warehouse Supervisors, Product Managers and Buyers.
- Create and drive processes to review and engage suppliers to maximize market position and realize leverage.
- Guide Back Order recovery through efficient expediting.
- Drive opportunities to maximize freight savings and eliminate lost time incidents.
- Work with team to identify obsolete & slow moving inventory and work with GM to monetize.
- Responsible for cost saving opportunities as it relates to your scope.
- Manage Product information and all product data, while maintaining accurate inventory levels.
- Management of inventory to achieve fill rate and inventory turnover targets.
- Ensure Westward Parts compliance to corporate sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- Report on variances to this policy and suggest well thought cost effective alternatives in efforts to reduce our impact on the environment.
- Oversee all facets of multi-branch operations to ensure orders get properly picked, packed and delivered to customers according to company benchmarks.
- Read, understand and analyze daily, weekly and monthly operational reports to evaluate performance and take action.
- Develop productivity and accuracy standards and follow up to ensure standards are met.
- Evaluate and develop operational policies and procedures to ensure the most efficient and effective processing of orders; control of errors and to achieve overall excellence in customer service.
- Ensure all Operations KPIs are met to ensure Operational Excellence.
- Provide integral input; along with the sales team and senior management on continuous improvement to achieve best in class customer service.
- University Degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years related Agriculture Experience.
- 5-10 years of progressive operations experience.
- Experience in Supply Chain Management.
- A team player exhibiting a willingness to take on new challenges.
- A strong communicator who is detail orientated with a strong analytical ability.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in constantly changing environment.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Ability to deal with high-pressure issues and tight timelines.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and drive them through to completion.