Location: Red Deer, Alberta or Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on July 14, 2019
This position is responsible for maintaining the efficient flow of products purchased into the Westward Parts Services warehouse locations from a diverse group of suppliers, to maintain purchasing standards and demand fulfillment. To work closely with the Buyers to provide support and dedicated follow up on purchasing transactions.
- Verify purchase order receipts with suppliers, and confirm purchase order accuracy pertaining to item, quantity, cost, shipping details, and on time delivery. Contact supplier for order confirmation if not received.
- Review daily customer back orders. Work with Buyers to expedite to fill customer orders as soon as economically possible.
- Manipulate reports to process the daily update and upload of the department fill rate data into the KPI dashboard.
- Communicate any delays of product to Buyer, and follow up with supplier for addressing urgency and ETA details.
- Proactively coordinate and monitor the flow of delivery of products, following established business processes and standardized tools to ensure efficiency. Including tracking freight quotes and recording incoming freight/logistics costs.
- Utilize reports to proactively follow up on orders expected to arrive within a certain time frame.
- Maintain the JD Edwards system with detailed data entry of supplier communication on purchase orders and line items. Including advancing purchase orders/line items to the next status.
- Communicate incoming shipment arrival details to warehouse receiving.
- Record and maintain accurate report of invoice and purchase order confirmations.
- Obtain and provide proof of deliveries and tracking numbers for purchase orders in transit.
- Communicate backorder status and/or delays, and inform customer service of status of product delivery, and ETA as required.
- Work with Manager and Buyers to resolve issues with incorrect orders, errors, or discrepancies in order to maintain accurate information.
- Process and record direct ship orders into inventory item usage.
- Process and record monthly item usage reports, including deleted orders.
- Contact relevant suppliers on an annual basis for NAFTA certificates and obtain HS codes.
- Support the purchasing department with any necessary projects, or assistance required with work load.
- Contribute to the goals of the department by creating a positive work environment that includes respect for others, open communication and a commitment to teamwork. Participate in team meetings and contribute recommendations for improving workflow or creating efficiencies within the team.
- Other responsibilities as required, as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager.
- High school diploma or post-secondary education that includes courses in business, mathematics or accounting, or equivalent.
- Understanding of or relevant experience in manufacturing, agriculture or supply chain management, or equivalent.
- Experience of Parts distribution business in an expediting, procurement, or customer service role.
- Excellent time management skills working in a fast paced team environment with large amounts of quantitative information for processing.
- Proficient with analytical and data management.
- Able to multi task various duties and responsibilities.
- Must be organized and detail oriented, with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Proficient in MS office, specifically Excel, excellent computer skills.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources, MacDon Industries Ltd. email@example.com
Westward Parts Services Ltd.
6517 - 67 Street
Red Deer, Alberta T4P 1A3